After a lifetime of working, many older adults are overjoyed to retire in comfort. But their joy may give way to sadness when physical, cognitive, or loss of a spouse impairs their ability to manage their daily financial affairs. Fearing a loss of financial independence, older adults often place their trust in others who may not have the necessary experience and knowledge to properly oversee their financial affairs. ElderCare of RI is home to one of the top centers in the state for overseeing an older adult daily financial issues.
James I. Goldman, CPA/ABV
We all will experience aging if we’re fortunate enough. Caring for a loved one often involves health and medical concerns and often financial issues will come into play. This may simply mean paying bills and reconciling the checkbook, or the issues may be more complex.
Elder care, for me, is of high importance. I have more than 20 years experience. The issues of aging and elder care are also personal. My wife and I cared for many of my mother’s needs when she suffered a massive stroke, a period lasting many years. We learned from that experience the need for compassion, understanding, and care for the elderly client.
Elder Care Services
- Direct services – Paying bills, depositing cash receipts, submit claims to insurance companies, income tax preparation and tax planning, confirm accuracy of provider bills, gift and estate tax planning, and preparation employment tax returns for caregivers and household help.
- Consulting services – Medicare and Medicaid, long-term care insurance, housing and support service needs, evaluate housing and care alternatives, trust and fiduciary planning.
- Assurance services – Review investments and trust activity, verify third-party calculations, such as pension payments, insurance payments, and other annuity payments, review financial transactions and test for adherence to established criteria.
ElderCare of RI, LLC we care about elder care services. We are located in Warwick, Rhode Island ( RI ).
FINDING A RHODE ISLAND ELDER LAW ATTORNEY/LAWYER
As you get older the time may be right to consult a Rhode Island elder law attorney/lawyer. An elder law attorney is uniquely familiar with many of the issues and challenges you are facing including Medicaid planning, estate and trusts, wills, and health care directives. At ElderCare of RI we have had the pleasure to work with many of Rhode Island’s finest elder law attorneys/lawyers. We would be happy to refer to you a list of such elder law attorneys/lawyers and estate planning attorneys/lawyers.
An elder law attorney can help an elderly person with:
- Medicaid and long-term care insurance
- Living trusts
- Advance directives
- Limited, general, and durable power of attorney
- Guardianship or conservatorship plans